L-tyrosine is an amino acid required for protein synthesis, and is a precursor for several important compounds, including thyroxin, melanin, and the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine. Dopamine and norepinephrine are important hormones and central nervous system transmitters that help maintain mood, attention and focus, and cognition. By increasing dopamine and norepinephrine at the cellular level, tyrosine may help maintain neurological health and improve mood, cognition, attention, and memory.
Tyrosine is a potent antioxidant and appears to act as an adaptogen during conditions of physical and mental stress, as shown by its ability to normalize blood pressure, alleviate fatigue, and improve cognitive function, attention, psychomotor skills, and memory. These effects may be due to tyrosine’s ability to affect brain chemicals and promote positive changes in brain pathways.
Tyrosine helps alleviate some of the effects of stress. Studies in humans show supplementation with tyrosine improves various aspects of cognitive function and physical symptoms of fatigue during exposure to physical stressors such as cold, high altitude, and extended wakefulness. Improvements are thought to be due to balancing brain chemicals and improving cognitive function.
- Alleviates both the mental and physical effects of stress
- Helps balance mood, and maintain attention, focus and cognition by restoring the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine
- Helps decrease cognitive fatigue due to physically stressful situations
- Normalizes heart rate and blood pressure under conditions of stress
- Provides potent antioxidant protection to cells
|Each Capsule Contains:
Vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), silica.