Pressed from fresh dangelion herb and roots.
Dandelion Leaf (Taraxacum officinale) offers a number of benefits for the liver and gallbladder. A natural diuretic, Dandelion Leaf is commonly used to help remove excess water and toxins from the body. Dandelion Leaf helps promote bile excretion from the liver so the body can more efficiently process foods and liquids while also purging harmful toxins. In addition, improved bile flow makes it possible for the body to better metabolize fat, which helps optimize the body’s cholesterol levels.
Dandelion Leaf is also effective at stimulating a sluggish gallbladder, which is responsible for storing and excreting bile as the body needs it. This natural herb is effective at promoting blood purity, which helps reduce the burden placed on the liver to filter out toxins. By helping to purify the blood, Dandelion Leaf allows the liver to more effectively perform its function.
Benefits of Organic Dandelion Leaf
- A natural source of minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc and iron
- Provides the Vitamins A, B, C, and D
- Acts as a blood purifying agent
- A mild laxative for constipation symptoms
- Contains the antioxidant luteolin
- Stimulates urinary function to help flush out toxins (diuretic)
- Promotes optimal digestive function
- Supports normal bile production (cholagogue)
- Nourishes and boosts overall liver (hepatic) performance
Dandelion Leaf also serves to protect the liver from damage. Many people use the herb to cleanse their liver after drinking excess amounts of alcohol or after eating unhealthful foods. As a matter of fact, if you are taking prescription drugs such as antibiotics, Dandelion Leaf may flush them out of your bloodstream at a faster than normal rate. Therefore, you should be aware of any potential conflicts (known as contraindications) between this herbal ingredient and medications.
Organic Dandelion Leaf Contraindications
- Consuming it may increase side effects of bipolar medications such as Lithium.
- It may interfere with the absorption of a class of antibiotics known as quinolones.
- Some individuals develop allergies to the leaf and therefore should not ingest any part of it.
- People with endocrine impairment should use caution while taking it, as it may increase urinary function.
Dandelion Leaf also helps stimulate a sluggish digestive system and this aids the body in removing toxins and other waste. As a result, the liver does not have to work as hard to remove toxins that remain in the body.
Dandelion Leaf also helps maintain normal blood sugar levels. This particular benefit aids the liver so it doesn’t have to filter out excess glucose in the blood, a factor that can be very harmful to overall health. Inulin (a special sugar found in Dandelion Leaf) also promotes the growth of healthy bacteria (natural intestinal flora) which in turn serves to discourage the growth of harmful bacteria.
By reducing the amount of harmful bacteria in the body, the liver can focus on the process of toxin removal. Although usually regarded as an herbal supplement, Dandelion Root is a registered drug in Canada, so the flower is obviously well regarded in various cultures for its traditional healing properties.
Organic Dandelion Root
Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is a perennial herb native to North America and Europe. You may consider dandelions as a type of weed, but their roots have been used for many years to aid the body in purifying the blood and helping to avoid liver problems.
For people suffering from excess water in the liver due to health problems (a condition known as edema), Dandelion Root can help remove the water and improve overall liver function.
Health Benefits of Dandelion Root
- Stimulates bile production
- Promotes cleansing of the liver
- Acts as a mild diuretic to reduce symptoms of bloating
- Works to decrease glucose (blood sugar) levels
- Discourages the growth of harmful bacteria
- Provides relief for indigestion and heartburn
- Helps flush foreign particles from the gallbladder
Dandelion root helps stimulate the gallbladder into releasing additional bile to aid in proper digestion and absorption of nutrients. It also contains a number of vitamins that are especially beneficial to the liver and gallbladder.
Vitamins Found in Dandelion Root
Because of the increased bile production, the liver becomes more effective at digesting foods and liquids. Furthermore, bile helps transport toxins out of the body. In this manner, the root of dandelions can help support your body’s natural immune response so you can fend off a variety of illnesses.
As a result of its ability to help the liver produce bile, dandelion root is an effective herb for helping to prevent problems of the liver. It has demonstrated benefit for helping to regulate blood glucose levels, which means the liver does not have to spend as much time filtering out excess sugar content. Furthermore, it is an effective diuretic and is recognized in Canada and other countries for just that reason.
|Natural dandelion juice pressed from fresh plants, certified organic. This product contains no alcohol, preservatives or additives. Do not contaminate by drinking directly from the bottle. To preserve the product keep refrigerated at all times after opening. Use within 2 weeks. Shake bottle well before use.
|Directions for use:
|Use within 3 weeks of opening. Adults: 1 measuring capful daily (20 mL/day), or as directed by a health care practitioner.