Vitamin B Rich Thai Beef Salad 0
*Studies have shown a relationship between the B vitamins, including thiamin or vitamin B1, and mood. A deficiency in B vitamins such as folic acid and B12 can trigger depression in some people*
- ¼ to ½ tsp sliced birds eye chili (or any other spicy chili - adjust amount to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp cilantro/coriander stems, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil (or canola or vegetable oil)
- 7 - 8 oz / 200 - 250 g good quality beef steak - sirloin, porterhouse, scotch fillet or rump steak (the best quality you can afford), at room temperature
- ½ tbsp oil (vegetable, peanut or canola oil)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ small red onion (spanish onion), very finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, cut horizontally then cut into slices (about ⅓ cup)
- ¼ cup cilantro/coriander leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ cup mint leaves, lightly packed
- 1 tbsp peanuts, roughly chopped
- Extra cilantro/coriander and mint leaves
- Place the birds eye chili, garlic, cilantro stems and a small pinch of salt into a mortar and pestle.
- Grind until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the remaining Dressing ingredients. Adjust sugar, lime juice and fish sauce to taste. Set aside.
- Drizzle the beef with ½ tbsp of oil on both sides, then sprinkle with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Preheat a skillet over high heat until screaming hot and smoking.
- Cook the beef to your liking. (Note 1) I like mine rare for this salad.
- Remove the beef from the skillet onto a plate. Loosely tent with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Slice the beef thinly against the grain (Note 2) and place in a bowl with the remaining Salad ingredients.
- Pour over Dressing and toss gently.
- Pile the salad onto a plate. Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with extra cilantro/coriander and mint leaves if using.
2. Cutting the beef against the grain produces the most tender slices. To do this, look at the piece of steak and you will notice that most of the fibres are going in one direction. Turn the steak so the fibres are going left to right directly in front of you. Then cut across the fibres - i.e. 90 degrees perpendicular to the direction of the fibres.
3. OPTIONAL EXTRAS: For a truly authentic experience, toss through 1 tbsp of very VERY finely sliced lemongrass (white part only), and 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves very VERY finely julienned.
4. This recipe is adapted from the Spice I Am cookbook by Suet Saenkham, the genius behind the Spice I Am restaurants in Sydney, Australia, which are arguably the BEST Thai restaurants in the world outside of Thailand!
Nutrition per serving assuming 2 servings, made using sirloin beef.
Family Mental Health Can be Helped with Nutritional Supplements! 0
When the Stephan family was ravaged by suicidal thoughts over a period of years that were the results of mental illness, the result was tragic. David Stephan related his story on the Health First radio show about how bi- polar illness caused the death of his mother and grandfather and resulted in the hospitalization of his siblings. David said that if it wasn't for the persistence and prayers of his father Anthony Stephan things could have been much worse for him and his siblings.
Anthony's dedication to his family and solving the problems of mental illness that had been passed down through generations on his mothers side of the family have helped thousands of people over the past two decades. The Stephan family's misfortunes resulted in research and formulations of Truehope EMP a nutritional supplement sold in health food stores that have been the Godsend of many families.
We can honestly tell you that the staff in our stores use Truehope EMP for their own families and have seen incredible results. Our customers often come in and tell us how much of a change this product has made for their anxiety, depression and mental health.
Thanks to the Stephan Family we can say that mental health is now treatable with a nutritional supplement that we believe is more effective than pharmaceuticals (and without the dangerous side-effects) for treating mood disorders and mental health issues.
Dr Marita Says Anxiety Affecting More Young People 0
In an interview on the Health First Radio Show recently, Dr Marita Schauch said that she is seeing more and more young people coming into her clinic with Adrenal exhaustion. "I am seeing younger people with more anxiety" she said and believes that this is the result of being plugged in all the time. "Kids today don't seem to have time off" she said, "we drive them from one activity to another" and then they are texting and playing on devices which doesn't allow them to have down time. Its no wonder kids today are stressed out. When we add in the sugar and poor diets we end up with kids and teens who are anxious, stressed and susceptible to panic attacks. Dr Marita said that she suggests that people who are stressed including teens get back to the basics.
People who have been under stress for periods of time have run down their adrenals and need Magnesium which helps them relax and helps muscles including the heart, lowers bloodpressure. Dr Marita also suggests the use of Rescue remedy, and Gaba during times of anxiousness or panic. Siberian Ginseng, Suma and Rhodiola which are all in Adrenasense for nourishing the adrenals over time.
For people experiencing throid issues after periods of stress which are indicated by thininng hair, brittle nails, weight gain and lethargy. Dr Marita suggests you go to do your doctor and get your thyroid glands tested. You may want to try Thyrosense which helps boost your metabolism and support the thyroid gland.
Going For A Walk May Boost Your Moods and relieve Depression 0
A recent study of 2000 people in England has found that going for a walk with other people in nature may lower your stress levels and reduce your risk of depression. Researchers found that people who had recently experienced a high level of stress such as job loss, breakups, illness or death of a loved one or family member had a significant mood boost after walking in groups outdoors.
The researchers noted that group walks may be a great alternative to pharmaceutical approaches to treating depression with out the cost and with all of the benefits!
Maybe you should call up a friend today for a walk outside!
The study was published online recently in the journal Ecopsychology.
Truehope EMP Helps Another Customer In Trouble 0
One of our customers recently came and told us this story about her son.
He came home to her house and was having a psychotic episode. He was seeing things and as his mother said was really Crazy. With no other option to protect her son she had him hospitalized for 9 days where he was put on anti-psychotic, anti anxiety, and anti depressant medication.
When he returned home from the hospital he was not like himself. The lady had her son take 4 Amino acids and 3 EMP morning and night. Now 3 months later, the son is off all his pharmaceutical medication. He continues to take his EMP and Amino acids and has gone back to WORK!!! He says he is still feeling a little down and doesn't always want to talk to people but is way better than he was. Thank you Truehope!.
If you want more information on EMP here is a video about the product.