COCONUT OIL PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE – VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE
Healthy Fats for Healthy Brain Cells
Of all the organs in your body, your brain especially needs healthy dietary fat.
It’s largely made of fat, 60% by volume. Your brain cell membrane integrity largely depends on the quality of the fats you eat. You may have heard that coconut oil can increase your cholesterol. And that’s a good thing for your brain!
Your brain specifically needs cholesterol.
The brain has higher cholesterol content than any other organ with about 25% of the body’s cholesterol found in the brain.
Low cholesterol increases the risk of suicide, depression, and dementia.
The risk of dementia is reduced by 70% in those with high cholesterol!
Coconut Oil Peanut Butter Fudge - Vegan & Gluten Free
- FOR THE FUDGE:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp. maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- FOR THE MARBLED TOP:
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a small saucepan, over medium low heat, melt together the fudge ingredients (peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt) until smooth. Pour into a parchment lined 9x9 dish
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together either over low heat on the stove or in the microwave
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the fudge and use a toothpick to make the marbled effect by dragging and swirling the toothpick through the chocolate
- Freeze for an hour
- Cut into 16 squares and store in the freezer *will melt at room temp*
- Bold Apps