Protein Packed Muffin Recipe
Coffee Protein Muffins makes 8 or 1 small cake
gluten free, grain free, paleo option, refined sugar free, low fat, low carb
1 cup (100g) almond meal/ almond flour
1/4 cup/1 scoop protein powder of your choice
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup (60g) plain greek yogurt (fat free/low fat/full fat all work!)
1/4 cup milk of your choice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 shot coffee, brewed
2-2 tbsp maple syrup **see notes
- Preheat your oven to 180 C/355F
- Grease and/or line your muffin tins and set aside. We highly recommend using silicone muffin tins to stop sticking but be sure to lightly grease them as well as it makes it easier to get your muffins out!
- Combine all of your ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, mixing until all ingredients are incorporated and your mixture is smooth.
- Pour your muffin mix into your muffin tins, filling each well 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on the depth of your muffin tins and leave to cool completely before carefully removing your muffins from the tin.
- These muffin will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge, however, we prefer them kept in the fridge! You can also freeze them in airtight ziplock bags where they'll keep for months.
- Mom Cares